Some of us are too busy or lazy to cook but it doesn’t mean we have to eat out all the time. I made this express Japanese cold soba meal a few days ago. It took less than 30 minutes.
Cook the buckwheat noodles for 5 minutes in boiling water. Then cool them down with ice cubes or cold drinking water. While that is set aside being drained, slice and pan-fry the thick marinated tofu and veggie dumplings until they are golden brown. Prepare the noodle sauce in 1 part Japanese soba sauce to 3 parts drinking water. Sprinkle thinly sliced dried seaweed and sesame on the noodles. Voila. Here’s a delish vegan meal in 30 minutes.
Where to buy the ingredients in Hong Kong:
- Buckwheat noodles – any supermarket
- Thick marinated tofu – International (refrigerated section), Wellcome (cooked food section), or Jusco (cooked food section)
- Veggie dumplings – International (frozen section)
- Japanese soba sauce – Any Japanese supermarket or Living Plaza (by Jusco)
- Seaweed – Any supermarket
- Sesame – Any supermarket