Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong is both a famous local and tourist spot for drinking and partying. It’s also notorious for the amount of trash it produces. Finally, a bottle recycling campaign comes to the area as a rescue.
Lan Kwai Fong Association (LKFA) together with 2ToGather (Eco Organization) will launch a Bottle Recycling Scheme on April 1, 2013. With the funding support from the Hong Kong Government, all the outlets in Lan Kwai Fong can participate in the Bottle Recycling Scheme with no extra cost involved.
Glass bottles collection point:
Lan Kwai Fong Refuse Collection Point (RCP)
Operating hours for bottles collection:
11:00pm – 4:30am, Monday to Sunday
What to do for the participating outlets:
- Separate glass bottles from the other trash
- Do simple rinsing of the empty bottles
- Put the empty bottles into the recycle bags or recycle plastic baskets distributed by LKFA
- Carry the bags or baskets with glass bottles to the RCP during the operating hours by your staff or cleaning contractor
- Take the empty bags or baskets back to your outlets
Glass bottle collection officers will be stationed at the RCP to collect the bottles. A truck will be there every morning to pick up all the bottles and send them to a bottle recycling company to be crushed and made into environmentally friendly bricks for construction use.
Are your restaurants and bars part of this campaign? Let’s make Lan Kwai Fong a better place for the locals, tourists, and our earth.