“Is your job, well, how can we put this delicately … ruining your life? Check out VegJobs for awesome veg-friendly employment across the U.S. and Canada!” says VegNews on Facebook. Doesn’t it happen all the time? We thought we can separate our personal and professional lives, but it really isn’t that easy. It creates cognitive dissonance when what you do at work is conflicting with what you believe in.
I’ve done the homework for you and listed a few interesting organizations that are focusing on plant-based diet, health, environment conservation, and animal rights.
1) Beyond Meat: Their vision is to become the market leader in the development and introduction of new plant protein products. We are focused on perfectly replacing animal protein with plant protein where doing so creates nutritional value at lower cost.
-Various retail sales, HR, graphic design, production and accounting positions, more than 10 jobs: http://www.beyondmeat.com/events/
2) One Green Planet: It is a new, fast-growing website focused on publishing content related to environmental conservation, plant-based health/nutrition, animal rights and vegan living.
-Various editorial, social media, technology and sales positions, more than 10 jobs: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/
3) Vega: Its products are developed with the principle that plant-based whole foods are the true future of optimal health.
-Various sales, marketing, customer service and account management positions, more than 8 jobs: http://www.myvega.com/company/careers
4) PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, focusing its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry.
-Tons of jobs in accounting, administration, development, research, IT positions: http://www.peta.org/about/work-at-peta/default.aspx
5) PCRM: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine promotes preventive medicine through innovative programs.
-A few internships, accounting and research positions: http://pcrm.org/about/careers/career-opportunities
You don’t have to sacrifice personal ethics to make a living.